Mr. Nicola Cadei has over 25 year of diverse leadership experience in the pharmaceutical industry with increasing levels of responsibilities. Extensive experience in finance, sales & marketing, contract development and manufacturing, strategy development, business restructuring and transactions. During his professional career he gained strong experience and skills:
• In-depth understanding of the Italian and International pharmaceutical market.
• Effective management of pharmaceutical development and manufacturing activities with a continuous effort towards improvement of productivity and customers’ relationship.
• Management of Sales and Marketing. Launch of products and new indications. Drawing up and implementing strategic plans and product tactics. Good relational skills with medical Opinion Leaders and Customers.
• Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of contracts in the pharmaceutical sector. Strategic planning, company restructuring processes and M&A.
• Solid financial background.
• Result oriented.
2016- current: General Manager and Member of the Board of Directors at Pharmatex Italia srl, The company focused in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of injectable pharmaceutical products, which belongs to Yifan Pharmaceutical LTD, a leading Chinese pharmaceutical company, traded at Shenzhen stock exchange.
2010 – 2015: Chief Operating Officer (C.O.O.) at Mipharm, an Italian centre of excellence for CDMO activities, new product development and services dedicated to pharmaceutical industries. Turnover of around 45 million euro (around 50 million packs yearly manufactured) and 250 employees.
2009- 2010: Senior Advisor at Resources Global Professionals, American professional services firm. Publicly traded company (Nasdaq) with more than 4100 professionals from more than 85 practice offices. Founded in Italy in mid 2007. The role implies involvement in consultancy programmes to clients and responsibility of business development in the pharmaceutical sector.
1993 – 2008: AstraZeneca S.p.A., multinational pharmaceutical company with a total turnover in Italy of about 1 Billion euro and 1100 employees, 850 of whom in sales force. Following roles and responsibilities covered:
• 2006 – 2008: Commercial Operations Director
• 2004 – 2005: Strategic Portfolio Development & CNS Business Director
• 2002 – 2003: Customer, Supply Chain & Business Development Director
• 2000 – 2002: Sales Effectiveness Director
• 1995 – 2000: Finance and Control Director 1994- 1995: Senior Accountancy Manager
• 1993 – 1994: Reporting Manager
• 1990- 1993: Senior Auditor at KPMG
July 1983: High school scientific diploma,
May 1990: Degree in Economics and Commerce – specialising in Marketing – awarded by the L. Bocconi University of Milan.
Participation in courses and stages:
• Marketing and Sales Management, at SDA Bocconi Milano;
• Strategic Thinking at INSEAD Paris;
• Project Management, Business Leadership and Coaching.
Fluent in English, knowledge of French.